Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge
Thursday’s creativity conveniently centered around my recent craving for cupcakes. I have a big love for yellow cake made from the box—so fluffy with a distinct flavor I grew up with!
Yellow Cupcakes w/ Dark Chocolate “Healthy” Frosting
Yellow dry cake mix
(3 eggs)(1 cup water)
(1/4 cup oil)
mini cupcake liners
mini cupcake/tart pan
1 avocado, room temperature
1/2 cup agave nectar
3/8 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
• Prepare yellow cake mix per the box directions
• Pour into the lined mini cupcake pan
• Bake 10 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
• While the cupcakes cool, prepare the frosting adapted from The Healthalicious Baker.
Note: I don’t have a food processor, so I made my frosting in a Kitchenaid Mixer with a silicone blade paddle attachment.
• Mix/mash avocado smooth in the mixer.
• Mix in agave & coconut oil until smooth.
• Slowly mix in warm water.
• Slowing mix in cocoa power and vanilla.
• Mix until smooth.
• Frost cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Nope, they don’t taste like avocado. That rich dark cocoa powder steals the show. You just get the decadent creamy texture.
Creatively Yours, Miranda