Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge
Birthday Cake time! Almond or lemon was requested, and I opted for the lemon.
Lemon Fluff Frosting (Recipe from Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon extract
- Whip butter.
- Mix in fluff.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Mix in vanilla and lemon until desired consistency.
Funfetti Layer Cake
White cake mix (3 egg whites, water, oil)
Sprinkles (2.5 oz ~ half a cup)
Lemon Curd (I used half a jar of Dickinson’s ~ 5 oz.)
Frosting (see above)
- Prepare cake batter per the directions on the box.
- Before pouring into your pans, mix in the sprinkles. Bake as directed. I used three 5 inch round pans.
- Cool cakes. Pipe a circle of frosting around the top edge to hold in the curd. Gently spoon curd into center and spread out. You don’t need a lot, as it is very strong.
- Layer your next cake on top and repeat. Layer your final cake over and freeze.
- Remove from freezer once solid and layers aren’t sliding around. 1 hour is safe. Frost all sides with a very light, translucent crumb coat to seal in the crumbs. Chill in fridge before applying the final coat of frosting and decorating.