Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge
Steampunk is a combination of Victorian era dress and steam engine type things… brass findings, goggles, revolvers, and mechanical gadgets. unfortunately, none of my friends are very familiar with it and I had to explain my costume all night.
I’ve been in love with this style since before it knew its name. (LOL, That sounded so indie.) And amazingly enough, was able to pull together a while costume from my closet! Yes, I’m proud.
• Flared black maxi skirt
• Pencil skirt
• Long tutu tied up like a bustle
• Lace Cami bra
• Black tank
• Hook and eye long vest (to match the pencil skirt)
• Black short vest with brass buttons
• Wide black pouch belt over the hook and eye vest
• White and black ribbon tied to middle of black belt to fall over bustle
• Pocket watch hooked from button hold to pocket to hold black vest closed
• Periscope necklace
• Goggles headband made from vintage binoculars
• leather cuffs, locket, brass cuffs, octopus ring