Baking… Almond Raspberry Birthday Cake
Birthday time at the office again, and I happily volunteered to make the cake!
Almond Cake (adapted from Odense’s Lemon Almond Cupcakes)
1 can (8oz) almond paste, grated
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup (approximately) almonds, slivered and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prep 5″ round cake pan & extra large muffin tin with baking spray.
- Mix Almond Paste and sugar until the texture of small crumbs.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well between each.
- Add yogurt, apple sauce. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder into almond mixture. Beat until mixed, scraping the bottom and sides of bowl.
- Fill prepared pans a little over half full.
- Bake in center of oven, 25-30 minutes or until tops are nicely rounded and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool and assemble with Raspberry Buttercream and toasted almonds.
- Top with adorable miniature washi tape bunting!
Shelling the almonds.
Slicing the almonds.
Grating the almond paste.
Cooling the almonds and cakes.