Washi Tape Bunting
I’ve been seeing bunting everywhere online. Baby rooms, craft shows, even on birthday cakes!
Here’s my attempt at crafting a miniature washi tape bunting cake topper.
- washi tape (mine came from the dollar bin at Jo Ann Fabrics)
- string (I’m using embroidery thread)
- wooden skewer (the kind you soak and make kabobs)
- utility knife
- Set up your area with a cutting mat and your supplies.
- Cut your skewer in half.
- Point the new end to match.
- Notch one side for the string.
- Knot the string to the skewer over the notch with a simple cow hitch.
- Fold washi tape over the string and onto itself at even intervals.
- Trim the ragged edges into flags!
The assembled supplies: String, Skewers, & Tape
Notches trimmed in skewers to help keep string in place.
Attach your string with this simple “knot”, the cow hitch.
Miniature bunting in progress. Even intervals and ragged edges.
Finished bunting! Ready to decorate my fresh baked cake.