Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge
These are experimental cookies. A brainstorm! Though I should have been drinking a Margarita & a Piña Colada while making them. I’m not quite satisfied with the flavor combinations.
Lime cookie base = soft like Lofthouse
Margarita frosting = tequila & oj with salt and sugar sprinkles
Piña Colada frosting = rum, cherry & pineapple juice with toasted coconut
– lime flavor lost, use zest next time
– new cookie recipe next time, too cake-y to be lofthouse. Need a denser & smoother cookie.
– too much tequila
– couldn’t taste the oj so added orange pixie stick
+ added lime zest to make up for the cookies
+ kosher salt & sugar crystals were perfect
Piña Colada frosting
– can’t taste the rum
– cherry & pineapple merged
+ toasted coconut rocked
Resources & My Notes:
– Made this recipe. It is NOT lofthouse. Too eggy (but that might be the lime juice I added. It didn’t make the cookies taste like lime… just eggy maybe the flavors could be similar.) Try adding lime zest to the cookies next time.
– I think this must have been the recipe I made in December, but I didn’t keep good notes.
– Made this frosting. Added extra tequila (shouldn’t have). The butter overwhelms all the subtle flavors.
– Try this frosting next time, less butter will hopefully allow the different flavors to come together and taste like margarita (oj, tequila)/piña colada (rum, cherry, pineapple)