Tutorial… animated gif
Animating your photos as a GIF with Adobe Photoshop CS6
NOTE: Everyone works differently. This is my method. There are many ways to achieve the same effect.
• Take a series of photographs to animate. ie. a plain cupcake & a cupcake with frosting.
Tool box: Tripod. (By hand just means more adjusting later.)
• Bring all the photos into one photoshop file.
Tool box: Copy and paste & the Layers palette.
• Adjust color if necessary as needed for consistency.
Tool box: Adjust Levels and the white eyedropper.
• Adjust positions as needed.
Tool box: Distort tool & 50% opacity on the top layer to match them up.
• Create an animation palette, generate your slides, and save for web.
Screen Shot Tutorial using Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 6
Take some pics.
Layer them in PS.
Align your layers.
Adjust: I took these without a tripod, so I’m erasing the background on all the layers except the first one because it moves too much.
Press the “Create Frame Animation” button to start animating. (View>Timeline)
Your first slide is automatically generated based on the the layers you have visible.
Hit the duplicate button to make your next slide.
Turn on the layers you want visible for the second slide. Repeat.
Set the length of time each slide is visible. Hit the play button to test it out.
Save for the web.
Pick your gif and save!