Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge
What do you make when you forgot to thaw dinner? Quiche! And the cookies were a craving. 🙂
Crusty Ham and Velveeta Quiche (* = changed from original recipe)
1 & 1/4 cups FLOUR
1/4 teaspoon SALT
1/3 cup SHORTENING
4-5 tablespoons COLD WATER
5 large EGGS*
1 large EGG WHITE*
1/2 cup MILK
1/4 teaspoon DRY MUSTARD
1/2 teaspoon each DRIED BASIL, GARLIC POWDER, GROUND BLACK PEPPER
6 oz BLACK FOREST HAM, cubed*
4 oz VELVEETA QUESO BLANCO, cubed*
2 oz AMERICAN, ripped small*
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• In large bowl, combine flour and salt.
• Cut in shortening until all pieces are pea sized.
• Sprinkle 1 tbs at a time of water over dough and toss with fork.
• Move moistened dough to side and repeat until all dough is moistened.
• Collect into a ball and roll out to fit pie plate. (I usually hold my pie plate over the center and look for at least an inch of dough outside the edges.)
• Carefully roll dough around the rolling pin to place into pie plate.
• Crimp edges.
• In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, and spices.
• Pour into prepared crust.
• Sprinkle chopped ham and cheese over top.
• Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour until center is firm and puffed.
• Remove from oven and cool at least 10 minutes before serving.