Creating… Miranda

Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge

Creating… Pressed Flower Suncatcher

IMAG2679

Back in April I snagged a few pretty spring flowers from my garden and pressed them between the pages of a phone book.

Now I have a daffodil, 3 bleeding hearts, and a red trillium perfectly flattened and dried. How shall I mail this little bit of spring to my long-distance sister? Suncatchers!

I just arranged the flowers in between two sheets of waxed paper and ironed them together (with a protective cloth between the iron and the wax).

But when I went to set the flowers in their paper frames (recycled duplicator press clean up sheets) I realized glue doesn’t stick to wax! So, I improvised with staples and some pretty ribbon.

I hope she likes it!

Laying out the pressed flowers between wax paper

Laying out the pressed flowers between wax paper

The ironed wax paper. I'm not too fond of the creases.

The ironed wax paper. I’m not too fond of the creases.

Oops! Glue doesn't stick to wax paper.

Oops! Glue doesn’t stick to wax paper.

Staples to the rescue!

Staples to the rescue!

Threaded a little ribbon through those staples to finish up the suncatcher.

Threaded a little ribbon through those staples to finish up the suncatcher.

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

One comment on “Creating… Pressed Flower Suncatcher

  1. Pingback: Creating… smooshed flowers | Creating... Miranda

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on June 11, 2013 by in Physical Design and tagged , , , , , .
%d bloggers like this: