Creating… Miranda

Be creative EVERY DAY • A Challenge

Creating… Studded Stilettos

My handsome hubby set me up with his battery drill and Dremel yesterday! He instructed me on proper usage and held my project steady as I drilled and reamed.

This sexy pair of platform heels were dirt cheap at Target months ago. I think I only paid $5! I picked up the studs at Hot Topic.

I tested out spikes on a pair of thrifted shoes a few weeks ago – but the screw backs caught on my toenails.

So, this design embeds the spikes into the platform of the shoe.

2.24.13 stud1

 

After marking out the placement, I drilled the holes and reamed them to fit a stud.

2.24.13 stud2

Next, I filled the holes with epoxy (oops, some of them were way too deep) and set the studs in place with the screw back only partially screwed. This allowed epoxy to get around the stud for a better hold (I hope.)

2.24.13 stud3

I’ve learned for next time to definitely use a depth gauge for drilling and make sure I have an application nozzle for the epoxy. My plastic baggie method was a mess! See the drops of glue staining the suede?

2.24.13 stud4

A catwalk around the house reveals the studs do not catch on the carpet and my feet have swollen this winter.

=^..^=  Miranda

2.24.13 stud5

Advertisements

2 comments on “Creating… Studded Stilettos

  1. H. E. Lexus
    February 26, 2013

    Very cool and a great idea… Good work. 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on February 25, 2013 by in Physical Design and tagged , , , , .
%d bloggers like this: